i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Press Release: InCommon Welcomes Adobe for Single Sign-On Access and Security

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Internet2 Press Release: InCommon Welcomes Adobe for Single Sign-On Access and Security

  • From: Elizabeth Boten <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Press Release: InCommon Welcomes Adobe for Single Sign-On Access and Security
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 11:19:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Liz Boten, Strategic Communications Manager,

InCommon Welcomes Adobe for Single Sign-On Access and Security

Individuals in research and education will be able to use existing credentials to seamlessly access Adobe software and services

Washington, D.C., Oct. 28, 2015 –InCommon, the U.S. research and education identity federation operated by Internet2, welcomes Adobe as its newest member. By joining InCommon, Adobe will soon enable individuals at colleges, universities, and research centers to use existing user IDs and passwords to gain access to Adobe’s creative apps and services.

Participating InCommon institutions provide their users single sign-on convenience to on-campus, off-campus, and cloud resources, while removing the need for the resource provider to manage accounts for each connecting organization or user.

Adobe is the global leader in digital media, document management, and digital marketing solutions that help educators, administrators and students excel. Adobe’s education offering includes standards-aligned curriculums, certification, professional development, and flexible purchasing options for students, faculty and schools to ensure students are ready for the opportunities in an ever-evolving digital world.

“We are excited to join InCommon to enable seamless integration of essential digital media workflows and innovative cloud services,” said Johann Zimmern, head of Adobe’s education enterprise group. “With InCommon federated ID alignment students and faculty can focus on their academic work instead of security concerns.”

Indiana University played a key role in facilitating this process and championed Adobe’s participation with InCommon.

“Indiana University is proud to support Adobe’s entry into the InCommon Federation,” said Brad Wheeler, vice president for information technology and chief information officer. “Federated identity is important to our enabling access to software as a service providers to IU faculty, staff and students, and InCommon is the trust fabric higher education relies on for federation. Adobe’s embrace of InCommon signals a strong commitment to bringing federation to its higher education customers.”

Shel Waggener, senior vice president of Internet2, also welcomes Adobe’s participation with InCommon.

“Adobe’s services are widely deployed in research and education,” Waggener said. “We are pleased to welcome Adobe to the InCommon federated identity community. It’s a critical step on the path to becoming a full Internet2 NET+ cloud service provider. This relationship will be welcomed by the hundreds of universities, institutions and companies that see the benefit of a collaborative trusted, scalable approach to identity and access management.”

Operated by Internet2, InCommon enables its participants to leverage their identity databases to allow for the use of one set of credentials to access multiple resources. This means identity providers can manage the levels of their users’ privacy and information exchange, and service providers no longer need to maintain user accounts. For more information on InCommon and a full list of participants, visit www.incommon.org.

About Internet2

Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation’s leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research and community service missions. It operates the NET+ cloud services program providing access to high quality customized cloud solutions to US higher education institutions.

Internet2 also operates the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education network, with Internet2 Network Operations Center powered by Indiana University. Internet2 serves more than 90,000 community anchor institutions, 290 U.S. universities, 70 government agencies, 42 regional and state education networks, 84 leading corporations working with our community and more than 65 national research and education networking partners representing more than 100 countries.

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Press Release: InCommon Welcomes Adobe for Single Sign-On Access and Security, Elizabeth Boten, 10/28/2015