i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Higher Education Consortium Unizin announces CEO Hire Amin Qazi

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Higher Education Consortium Unizin announces CEO Hire Amin Qazi

  • From: Glenn Lipscomb <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Higher Education Consortium Unizin announces CEO Hire Amin Qazi
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:07:36 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Higher Education Consortium Unizin announces CEO Hire Amin Qazi

Unizin Board of Directors selects Qazi to lead consortium for advanced digital content

EMERYVILLE, Calif.—July 22, 2014—The Unizin consortium announced today that its Board of Directors has selected Amin Qazi to serve as the company’s founding chief executive officer and a member of the Board of Directors effective immediately. Mr. Qazi brings over a decade of relevant experience to his new role having previously filled executive roles at both universities and as a management consultant.

“Unizin has a bold vision for university-owned, cloud-scale services for Digital Education,” said Brad Wheeler co-chair of the Unizin Consortium and CIO at Indiana University. “Amin’s strong business experience across many industries and at the University of Minnesota will serve him well in leading the growth of Unizin to serve colleges and universities.”

“The Academy is at a critical moment in the growth of Digital Education. In Amin we chose a leader who could span the technical, organizational, and economic needs that the Unizin service will provide for its members,” added James Hilton, co-chair and Dean of Libraries and Vice Provost for Digital Education and Innovation at the University of Michigan.

“The importance of a colleges and universities maintaining control and exerting influence over the digital learning ecosystem is paramount and will only continue to grow,” said Mr. Qazi. “I am excited for the opportunity to support Unizin’s vision of helping the Academy shape its destiny.”

About Unizin

The Unizin consortium, launched by Colorado State University, the University of Florida, Indiana University, and the University of Michigan, will provide a common technological platform delivered over higher education’s community-owned national research and education network operated by Internet2. Unizin operates as an unincorporated association at Internet2, a leading not for profit global technology organization with more than 450 member institutions across the higher education, government and business communities. For more on Unizin, visit http://unizin.org/2014/06/why-unizin.

Previous Unizin press releases and news:

Higher education contact:
.

Media contact: Glenn Lipscomb, 720-379-9677

###

  • [I2-NEWS] Higher Education Consortium Unizin announces CEO Hire Amin Qazi, Glenn Lipscomb, 07/22/2014