i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 + Blackboard, Code42 and XSEDE

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Internet2 + Blackboard, Code42 and XSEDE

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 + Blackboard, Code42 and XSEDE
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:33:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Thank you for your interest in stories related to the Internet2 community. Here are a few stories from this week:

Blackboard Offers Solution and Services to Internet2 Higher Education Members

Offer Developed in Partnership with Leading Higher Education Institutions

WASHINGTON – July 16, 2014 – Blackboard has created a customized learning and analytics offering available to the 259 higher education Internet2 members, the company and Internet2 announced today. The Internet2 NET+ offer will not only provide access to the company’s market-leading solutions for teaching, learning and collaboration, but also includes robust analytic and learning outcomes tools, a cloud-based, cross-institutional content repository that supports most learning management systems (LMSs), and helpdesk and adoption services. Details at http://bit.ly/1l46lSY.

Code42 and Internet2 NET+ Score High in Protecting Endpoint Data for Leading Universities

MINNEAPOLIS – July 14, 2014 Code42, the leader in endpoint data protection and management, today announced significant momentum in the higher education vertical, driven by increasing adoption of Internet2’s NET+ CrashPlan service. Code42’s CrashPlan for Enterprise is the only endpoint backup solution selected for the Internet2 NET+ service portfolio. Visit http://bit.ly/1yrCLix for more information.

Internet2 Discusses Advancing Science in the Age of Big Data and Support for Network Virtualization at XSEDE14 Conference

XSEDE Benefits 17 Supercomputers and 8,000 Scientists

WASHINGTON, D.C.—(July 15, 2014)--The Internet2 community has partnered closely with XSEDE collaborators to build a platform for innovating data intensive science applications to catalyze new discoveries, and support abundant bandwidth, friction-free science, and open network stacks. Furthermore, Internet2 is developing new virtualization capabilities to serve XSEDE’s and other researchers’ needs for virtualized compute and storage. Read more at http://bit.ly/1tMxof1.

Additional news can be found at NewsFacebookTwitter. Have a great weekend!

Todd

Todd Sedmak
Internet2
PR & Media Relations Manager
202-803-8978
www.internet2.edu

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 + Blackboard, Code42 and XSEDE, Todd Sedmak, 07/18/2014