i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Education and research news from Internet2

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Education and research news from Internet2

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Education and research news from Internet2
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:43:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Internet2 released the following news this week:

Researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, The University of Texas at San Antonio and Notre Dame Select OpenStack-based Hybrid Cloud to Build Federated Cloud Service for Research and Education

Washington, D.C.—Nov. 20, 2013—Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, The University of Texas at San Antonio, and the University of Notre Dame are working with Internet2 and Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, to build an OpenStack-based hybrid cloud environment for the research and education community. The new Internet2 NET+ services are expected to be available to other institutions in spring 2014. To read more, go to http://bit.ly/Internet2-Rackspace

International Networks to Aid Global Research Collaborations in Climate, Bioinformatics and Computer Science

DENVER—(Nov. 19, 2013)—Five of the world’s leading national research and education networks (NRENSs) announced at the Supercomputing Conference (SC13) the selection of four major research collaborations that will participate in the first ever “Enlighten Your Research Global” (EYR-Global) program. Supported by leading NRENs in the United Kingdom (UK), the Netherlands (NL), Finland (FI) and the United States (USA), the EYR program is designed to identify research programs that could significantly benefit from enhanced global network connectivity. For more details, see http://bit.ly/IjZJmo

National Park Service and Internet2 Deliver 150th Anniversary Reading of the Gettysburg Address Live To Schools and Libraries Across the United States

Washington, D.C.--(Nov. 18, 2013) —The National Park Service, Internet2, and Internet2 member organizations across the country partnered to deliver Tuesday’s Dedication Day ceremony marking the 150th Anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address live over the Internet2 ultrafast network to an estimated 90,000 colleges and universities, K-12 schools, public libraries, and museums nationwide. To learn more, go to http://bit.ly/1egC0ix and to watch the program archive, visit http://video.magpi.net/videos/

Todd Sedmak
Internet2
PR & Media Relations Manager

  • [I2-NEWS] Education and research news from Internet2, Todd Sedmak, 11/22/2013