Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community
[I2-NEWS] Great Plains Network Announces Speakers for Fall, 2012, Professional Development Program
- From: Ryan Bass <>
- Subject: [I2-NEWS] Great Plains Network Announces Speakers for Fall, 2012, Professional Development Program
- Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:47:16 -0400
Great Plains Network Announces Speakers for Fall, 2012, Professional Development Program
The Great Plains Network (GPN) announced its Fall, 2012, line up of speakers for the web-based GPN Professional Development Program:
● Friday, August 24, 2012 at 10AM Central, Brent Salisbury, Network Architect from the University of Kentucky, will discuss Software Defined Data Centers in the Enterprise and Provider Space.
● Friday, September 14, 2012 at 10AM Central, Amy Apon, Professor and Chair of the Division of Computer Science at Clemson University, will discuss her work in advanced cyberinfrastructure and high performance computing at Clemson.
● Friday, September 21, 2012 at 9AM Central, Jason Zurawski, Senior Research Engineer with Internet2, will discuss Network Performance: You can always get what you want that will be a basic introduction to the perfSONAR monitoring toolkit for diagnosing end to end network performance.
● Friday, October 26, 2012 at 10AM Central, Steve Tuecke, Deputy Director of the Computation Institute at the University of Chicago, will discuss Using Globus Online to Simplify Research Data Management.
The GPN Professional Development Program was instituted in the Fall of 2011 to bring high quality, one-hour web-based presentations on timely developments in advanced cyberinfrastructure, information technology and networking to members of the higher education community, including researchers, faculty and staff. The presentations are free, open to the entire higher education community and are intended to foster a shared understanding of new technologies and facilitate the adoption of game-changing CI across the region.
More information about how to virtually attend each program, speaker biographies, intended audience and recordings from past Professional Development Programs may be found at http://www.greatplains.net/display/Home/Professional+Development+Program.
GPN also maintains a calendar of network and cyberinfrastructure training at their web site (http://www.greatplains.net).
To receive notifications about GPN please contact Kate Adams, System Administrator, via email ().
The Great Plains Network (GPN) is dedicated to supporting research and education through the use of advanced networking technology and cyberinfrastructure. GPN membership includes universities in Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and South Dakota.
Primary Contact Information
Greg Monaco, Ph.D.
Great Plains Network
Gregory E. Monaco, Ph.D.
Director for Research & Cyberinfrastructure Initiatives
The Great Plains Network
Teleconference: 877-366-0711 Participant Code: 57348838#
- [I2-NEWS] Great Plains Network Announces Speakers for Fall, 2012, Professional Development Program, Ryan Bass, 08/20/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.