i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Invitation to The Quilt GENI Workshop July 22-23 San Diego, CA

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Invitation to The Quilt GENI Workshop July 22-23 San Diego, CA

  • From: "Jen Leasure" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Invitation to The Quilt GENI Workshop July 22-23 San Diego, CA
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:02:02 -0700

The Global Environment for Network Innovations (GENI) is in its second year of exciting progress.  At the request of network researchers, GENI infrastructure is being rolled out at dozens of campuses with increasing interest by many others.  As GENI scales to more campuses, campus IT and regional network representatives may find themselves asking the question “I have a researcher who wants to participate in GENI, what do I do?”

The Quilt wishes to invite you to a GENI Workshop for the R&E community July 22-23, 2010 in San Diego, CA at the Hilton Torrey Pines La Jolla.  This workshop is being held in conjunction with the GENI Engineering Conference (GEC8) the week of July 19th at the same location.

The purpose of this workshop to educate and engage campus IT and regional network representatives who have not yet participated in GENI activities but will be key stakeholders in the scaling of GENI in the next year. The main focus of this workshop will be an introduction and update on GENI projects as well as to provide information regarding operational requirements for campus and regional networks to support campus researchers who wish to participate in GENI.

Topics for the workshop include:

·               Options to enable GENI connections

·               Case Studies of campus GENI deployments

·               Overview of campus operational requirements to support GENI

·               Overview of the meta-ops for GENI

·               Potential for GENI in the cloud

There is no registration fee for this workshop.  Attendees are asked to register no later than July 1, 2010.  Participation in the workshop is limited to 50 participants.

Some travel support to attend the workshop is available with an extended deadline for travel support requests due by June 25, 2010 to .

Additional information regarding travel and hotel for this workshop are available through the workshop webpage at http://www.thequilt.net/meetings/GENI%20WKSP/Quilt%20GENI%20Workshop%20July%202010%20Overview.html.

Questions regarding the workshop can be sent to .  We look forward to seeing you in San Diego.

Jen Leasure

President and CEO, The Quilt

www.thequilt.net

  • [I2-NEWS] Invitation to The Quilt GENI Workshop July 22-23 San Diego, CA, Jen Leasure, 06/21/2010