i2-news - I2-NEWS: White Paper on Legal Issues of Higher Education IT Security Released

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

I2-NEWS: White Paper on Legal Issues of Higher Education IT Security Released

  • From: Greg Wood <>
  • To:
  • Subject: I2-NEWS: White Paper on Legal Issues of Higher Education IT Security Released
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:21:37 -0500

The EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Computer and Network Security Task Force is
pleased to announce publication of a new white paper entitled "IT
Security for Higher Education: A Legal Perspective." The paper is
available as a PDF document through the EDUCAUSE Information Resources
Library at:
http://www.educause.edu/asp/doclib/abstract.asp?ID=csd2746

Commissioned by the Security Task Force and authored by attorneys from
the Washington, D.C., law firm of Dow, Lohnes, and Albertson, PLLC, the
paper was funded through a grant from the National Science Foundation.

This legal issues paper will be discussed at a virtual seminar
co-sponsored by the Security Task Force and the National Association of
College and University Attorneys. The event, "Cyber-Insecurity: Legal
and Policy Issues for Colleges and Universities," will be held April 10,
11:30 - 1:30 p.m. (EST). To learn more about this seminar, including
schedule, fee, and registration details, visit:
http://www.nacua.org/meetings/

For information about cybersecurity issues for higher education and the
activities of the Security Task Force, see:
http://www.educause.edu/security/

Contact:
Peter DeBlois
+1 (303) 544-5665