i2-news - I2-NEWS: Spring 2000 Internet2 Member Meeting Set to Begin

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

I2-NEWS: Spring 2000 Internet2 Member Meeting Set to Begin

  • From: "Greg Wood" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: I2-NEWS: Spring 2000 Internet2 Member Meeting Set to Begin
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:39:57 -0500

Spring 2000 Internet2 Member Meeting Set to Begin
Spring 2000 Internet2 Member Meeting Set to Begin

The Spring 2000 Internet2 Member Meeting is set to begin tomorrow, Tuesday,
28 March 2000, in Washington, D.C. Complete meeting information is available
at:
http://www.internet2.edu/html/spring00.html

Live netcasts of plenary sessions featuring keynote presentations by Vint
Cerf, Senior Vice-President for Internet Architecture and Technology, MCI
WorldCom, Terry Rogers, President, Advanced Network & Services, and Douglas
Van Houweling, President & CEO of UCAID, leading Internet2 will be
available. The first Internet2 Land Speed Record Awards
(http://www.internet2.edu/html/i2lsr.html), with the winners receiving total
prizes worth over US$10,000, will also be netcast. For netcast details, see:
http://www.internet2.edu/html/spring00netcast.html

Demonstrations of over a dozen advanced applications are being held in
conjunction with the meeting. The demonstrations will be held at Highway 1
(http://www.highway1.org). Summaries of each demonstration is available at:
http://apps.internet2.edu/demos2000/march00summary.htm

The Spring 2000 Internet2 Member Meeting is preceded by the CNI Spring 2000
Task Force (http://www.cni.org/tfms/2000a.spring/) meeting and is followed
by EDUCAUSE's Networking 2000
(http://www.educause.edu/netatedu/contents/events/mar2000/) meeting.

Contact: