grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Cache reconnection config

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Cache reconnection config

  • From: Bruce Timberlake <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Cache reconnection config
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 11:19:21 -0500

On Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 5:13 AM Francesco Malvezzi <> wrote:
hi everybody,

our grouper stores data on Oracle.

It looks sometimes the DNS has a failure and it has to drop connection
to DB. When DNS is working again, grouper logs are full of these lines:

grouper-daemon;grouper_error.log;2023-02-07T06:18:13,440: [Thread-27]
ERROR Grou
perLogger.error(77) - [] - Error in cache database thread
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Closed
Connection,
sql: select nanos_since_1970 from grouper_cache_overall where
overall_cache = 0,

 We have had this issue ourselves since we deployed Grouper. The standard answer we have received has been "just restart the container" but it'd be nice to get a source of the problem identified TBH.  We've poked at some settings, but nothing obvious has revealed itself to us so far.  So for now, we have a Splunk alert for the error and the on-call person who gets the notification does a 'docker restart grouper-daemon' on the affected server(s) and moves on with life :)

--
Bruce Timberlake
Sr Application Systems Administrator, Identity and Access Management Services