grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper Training: Last Call for Early Bird Rates

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper Training: Last Call for Early Bird Rates

  • From: Erin Murtha <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper Training: Last Call for Early Bird Rates
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 17:25:13 +0000

Hey everyone!

Tomorrow is the last day for discounted registration rates for the upcoming Grouper School, which is being held the last week of September.

This virtual, yet very interactive and fun class, is hosted by Grouper Developers Chris Hyzer and Chad Redman. This training is a blend of self-paced work, lecture, discussion, and practicing on your very own hosted VM.

The InCommon Trusted Access Platform Grouper component offers management of personal and institutional groups, roles, and permissions.

Grouper school is for anyone interested in exploring and implementing best practices for access management. When we asked recent participants what their favorite part of the workshop was, we got these responses:

 The hands-on training, a lot of the scenarios and setup regarding making groups, users, policies, etc. really put the product into perspective. The even more in-depth parts of setting up Grouper from installation to setting up configuration pages were very helpful as well.”

“Three things: 1. Working through how Grouper can be used to handle real-world use cases 2. Getting a feel for what some of the best practices are for both use of Grouper and deployment of the software 3. Getting a feel for which of Grouper's vast set of features are most commonly used and how/why.”

“Making connections with people outside of our organization that have run into the same problems we are running into”

“Learning from Chris and Chad” See, I told you they were fun! 😊

Additional information and registration links are available at https://www.incommon.org/academy/grouper-school/

We hope to see you there!

Erin Murtha

Director, InCommon Academy

signature_1046211863

PNG image

  • [grouper-users] Grouper Training: Last Call for Early Bird Rates, Erin Murtha, 08/26/2021