grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Adding the Grouper Deployment Guide structure via GSH

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Adding the Grouper Deployment Guide structure via GSH

  • From: Jonathan Keller <>
  • To: "David A. Kovacic" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Adding the Grouper Deployment Guide structure via GSH
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 23:02:38 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ucdavis.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ucdavis.edu; dkim=pass header.d=ucdavis.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=rueV7kModY90OM4pFeDgJt9bQY0Kqn3L4AZeahSVQN8=; b=OyZvPsQG6QMIE6rb0g1m4fiZPp7mgB6QjYMHni94hW84QOTkXx/YALeQmdasmiJl4zg4VTS+nH/oDJFi+ihD+64TS7v7drhbU/rDAEjXQh05r+a6SyfZ/xEPodFHPDsOZzzdzsrclnnRU7rxZvC6U0xoXg0FbIUEf8b9/zlphOwHyNBHjCMFkLAK3CNwqDZqI0sIDAIFBvs7nvUxynUR+Qv/zk8nDxLaCB3z5XFzBSqo5uqtuY7rLfH6Q9wpGiVGJWBeGtq5WyX8yXCKq5a0RBkIDtcJxYIzIRtZell0BBqZcLh7eh6aPPsbuz3SHlU/zo7lwvrtZnTckdKBqStrwg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=A2TSpdM+XwQ0q/YLl25qCnH0pBtSd2ruE69fAR1bWU7VjJRmeUIF3wPqa/s9hWHs1bMDUkxDsdi1FVgWdCNOnBLnk6o+jVQjPoRFexws6834CmtA8lL2rhuKpED0nhTPKTtg2a+GIDf3D0dwjF9gg1V9s5P7PC98YqEuB6wHMUP6oOBNvbl4Z7gG8oWZ5Pkv2edF3N7Dr9FG3cyXQ1zrBm9K45WEhbqTekEOx/YAzTkdxqA5XYr2putu0f7FRiY84ltj8eb9bKXq75+rq73foi9zgsbzYElZ7qN/XYqyHMHnGqKXjIMVKG3ajffmZhB9AU2x02mlrGvlqprtowbF3g==

If by command line you mean running a GSH script: Yes - I was setting up to do this.  We have not automated the running of the script on deployment, but the script to perform the GDG provisioning is part of the image.  But this is the relevant part.  I hope this helps your use case.  After this, the script proceeds to set up a number of stems within the GDG we also want to have as a standard.

import edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.beans.ui.GrouperRequestContainer;
import edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.beans.ui.StemTemplateContainer;
import edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.beans.ui.GrouperTemplateLogicBase;
import edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.beans.ui.ServiceAction;
import edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.grouperUi.serviceLogic.UiV2Template;

GrouperSession s = GrouperSession.startRootSession();

// This block pulls the GDG template (known as tierStructure) and applies it to the database
// Template application commands like these must be run against the UI server
Stem stem = StemFinder.findByName(s, ":");
GrouperRequestContainer.assignUseStaticRequestContainer(true);
GrouperRequestContainer grouperRequestContainer = GrouperRequestContainer.retrieveFromRequestOrCreate();
StemTemplateContainer stemTemplateContainer = grouperRequestContainer.getStemTemplateContainer();
GrouperTemplateLogicBase templateLogic = UiV2Template.getTemplateLogic("tierStructure", stemTemplateContainer);
templateLogic.setStemId(stem.getUuid());
stemTemplateContainer.setCreateNoSubfolder(true);
List allServiceActions = templateLogic.getServiceActions();
for (ServiceAction serviceAction: allServiceActions) { serviceAction.getServiceActionType().createTemplateItem(serviceAction); }

--
Jonathan Keller
Application Architect - Administrative IT