Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: Nathan Dors <>
- To: ,
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper group name
- Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 07:01:13 -0800
We found the same thing here: special chars are problematic, especially to an uncertain scope of use of IDs for groups.
Are IDs for groups limited in scope? Or, like IDs for users, will they be referenced so widely that we may bump into technologies that constrain the chars that can be referenced.
And what chars are needed for basic usability?
Way back when we were deciding these things here, we came up with this non-technical plan for group naming:
It has served us well so far. Hope this helps.
On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 6:16 AM <> wrote:
I only have limited knowledge of grouper.
I'm curious if there any way I can block users from creating folder/group
names with special chars from Grouper UI.
These special chars are problematic for LDAP and I'd like to limit only to
If I can, where do I change and which parameter(s).
Thank you in advance!
- [grouper-users] Grouper group name, tuck-hain_leong, 01/28/2021
- Re: [grouper-users] Grouper group name, Olivier Salaün, 02/03/2021
- Re: [grouper-users] Grouper group name, Nathan Dors, 02/03/2021
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.