grouper-users - [grouper-users] Office 365 Provisioner

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Office 365 Provisioner

  • From: Beth Halsema <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Office 365 Provisioner
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 19:26:10 -0400 (EDT)

Our team is experimenting with the creation of course groups in Office 365.

We need to create them as unified groups, so that we can hide their
membership.

We were able to create the groups. Their membership was listed as hidden.
As admins, we were never able to view the membership. Based on Microsoft
documentation, I thought that we should have that privilege.
And from what little that we could tell from the audit logs, the group
members were never added.

We decided then to delete them to continue our experiment. Though we
successfully deleted them in Grouper, they never were deleted in Office 365.

According to the grouper log,

"Error: o365 threw an exception processing change log entry sequence number
1840717., sequenceNumber: 1840717, com.squareup.moshi.JsonDataException:
Expected one of [Public, Private, Hiddenmembership] but was HiddenMembership
at path $.visibility
at
com.squareup.moshi.StandardJsonAdapters$EnumJsonAdapter.fromJson(StandardJsonAdapters.java:258)
at
com.squareup.moshi.StandardJsonAdapters$EnumJsonAdapter.fromJson(StandardJsonAdapters.java:227)
..."

I thought that the work-around might be to use the same string,
"HiddenMembership", (it seems that the case matters?) in
grouper-loader.properties.

This was less successful as I then created Public groups. That was oddly
comforting. :)

Have we just missed a step? If this is a known issue, then is there a
work-around?

Thank you in advance,

Beth
Beth A. Halsema - M.S. in Computer Science, GSEC
Sr. Sofware Engineer, Identity & Access Management
OVPIT - IT Security and Policy
www.itap.purdue.edu

  • [grouper-users] Office 365 Provisioner, Beth Halsema, 07/23/2020