grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] sending messages to AWS SQS

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] sending messages to AWS SQS

  • From: Ben Beecher <>
  • To: Vivek Sachdeva <>
  • Cc: " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] sending messages to AWS SQS
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 09:29:34 -0500

Vivek,
Thanks for the quick response.
I didn't add these properties
changeLog.consumer.changeLogMessagingSample.class = edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.changeLog.ChangeLogConsumerToMessage
changeLog.consumer.changeLogMessagingSample.quartzCron =
changeLog.consumer.changeLogMessagingSample.messagingSystemName = grouperBuiltinMessaging
changeLog.consumer.changeLogMessagingSample.queueOrTopicName = sampleChangeLogMessagingQueue
changeLog.consumer.changeLogMessagingSample.messageQueueType = queue

because I thought they applied only to built-in messaging. If I were to
add these to grouper-loader.properties what would I use for "name of the consumer"?

this one is probably not needed because the AWS SQS doc says
"We don't support creating the queues. Setting autoCreateObjects property to true will do nothing."
loader.messaging.settings.autocreate.objects = true

Do I need these as well (for printing out messages)?
messaging.listener.messagingListenerChangeLogConsumerPrint.class = edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.messaging.MessagingListenerToChangeLogConsumer
messaging.listener.messagingListenerChangeLogConsumerPrint.changeLogConsumerClass = edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.changeLog.consumer.PrintTest
messaging.listener.messagingListenerChangeLogConsumerPrint.quartzCron = 0 * * * * ?
messaging.listener.messagingListenerChangeLogConsumerPrint.messagingSystemName = grouperBuiltinMessaging
messaging.listener.messagingListenerChangeLogConsumerPrint.queueName = sampleChangeLogMessagingQueue

I added these properties (from the AWS SQS doc) to grouper.client.properties

grouper.messaging.system.awsSystem.name = grouper_memberships
grouper.messaging.system.awsSystem.class = edu.internet2.middleware.grouperMessagingAWS.GrouperMessagingSqsSystem
grouper.messaging.system.awsSystem.defaultPageSize = 5
grouper.messaging.system.awsSystem.maxPageSize = 10
grouper.messaging.system.awsSystem.defaultSystemName = grouper_memberships

I added this to grouper-loader.properties

changeLog.consumer.esb.publisher.messagingSystemName = grouper_memberships

Ben