grouper-users - [grouper-users] Struggling To Find An Example For Receiving Messages From A Messaging Queue

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Struggling To Find An Example For Receiving Messages From A Messaging Queue

  • From: "Hunter, Tim" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Struggling To Find An Example For Receiving Messages From A Messaging Queue
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 20:14:04 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1;spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ndsu.edu;dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ndsu.edu;dkim=pass header.d=ndsu.edu;arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=ZAtTjQPIqJKsxj1BM+XnUmjR4j8GizLyQeRn9WelyIA=; b=GYRIMHLMYSlCLcCIv5mSJzGdOcnd2zxaD/ZHxCB0yrLmt407Xul3wp4gPmekx2Qk2a6vz1Gm2xy9bNdOC1iJgJTAZ/qXOaqvmOuRZTVtYw+wAAQ+FbwpiMEOTPjKXmKasfhPUayaCewi2SvPL+nihrS4mezpnyM86/6yMqsLg4pvnXaXZST1yyhtt1ZgwgSfSS8fYufrWLTvnetXEIPV1Nv/5WsdpXUyHdAwL/YrMWqGTLXvE90UeJrzk028On4zk6VzACDN1Wtptd5ZHKHqweF+I0YU85xLAdkDICuwpSwyfq0h+jRmi+YdhHDkswBdTWYANU7ioLZP1b5ElVGWgA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=ULHixr7dgCW2mwS6uPyHQbSQwK2B2T95I3FuIqopkHTlvVc5E0E7YpEJJn3mA/HsQNC/wH1kr2HD7a8vRIDvs4viRxeQjDXZG1G6nhdKAM4EtdoRej0tkrM8g9FY2XAQdKBSbL/dtdjW/WkbnXkqjAA6YtZcRVfhcTgHEdLLDeJqSVr4IwPImwDp+xBiZNKW8XKbcuYHZILNHNHDVql8KBhKvy0LaQOKsB7OiOq7alA08A6iNTjz4Mps5VcSBGzoXi9PnDnYymZOlmQMGtrcbcCb1t8HNiEZGlJr088+o8SBTQgNlxhfWbQdFvaChnq9waqr3y2/s7nE/OlVYCMMeQ==

I've been given the task to take messages from RabbitMQ and perform actions on Grouper using those messages. Ideally I was thinking there may be a way to use a similar format of outgoing JSON event messages to translate incoming messages and perform the action.

My current thought is to set up a quartsCron job to read from a RabbitMQ queue periodically and then perform the task outlined in the message. Problem is I'm not quite sure of the best way to go about performing the requested task.

I've seen plenty of documentation/code for sending outgoing messages using the change log notifications via EsbConsumer. I was wondering if there was similar functionality somewhere already set up for easy translation of incoming event messages to performing actions on the Grouper system?