grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Error trying to use RabbitMQ

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Error trying to use RabbitMQ

  • From: Vivek Sachdeva <>
  • To: Richard Frovarp <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Error trying to use RabbitMQ
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 18:05:27 -0700

Sorry about the confusing properties file. I will take a look and clean up the unnecessary items.

Thanks,
Vivek

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 2:57 PM Richard Frovarp <> wrote:
That helps a good deal. Thanks. Not touching grouper.client.properties,
and effectively just changing publisher.messagingSystemName from
rabbitmq to rabbitmqSystem appears to have got me pass this error. The
default grouper.client.properties for RabbitMQ is rather confusing as it
has:

grouper.messaging.default.name.of.messaging.system = rabbitmq
grouper.messaging.system.rabbitmqSystem.name = rabbitmqSystem
grouper.messaging.system.rabbitmqSystem.name = rabbitmq
grouper.messaging.system.rabbitmq.defaultSystemName = rabbitmqSystem

which I completely don't understand. So it was using rabbitmq and
rabbitmqSystem. The odd thing to me is the middle two being two
different values in the same example config file at
https://github.com/Internet2/grouper/blob/master/grouper-misc/grouper-messaging-rabbitmq/src/main/resources/grouper.client.rabbitMq.example.properties

So someone that knows more than me likely will want to fix it. It also
exists in the example on the wiki page:
https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=Grouper&title=Grouper+Messaging+with+RabbitMQ

But this all means that the wiki would likely be correct in setting
rabbitmqSystem instead of rabbitmq in its example for the loader. I've
updated the wiki so hopefully I'm right.

It's now complaining that it can't connect to my specified hostname. I
likely have something not quite right with the TLS settings.

Thanks for the help.