grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] tuning LDAP connections

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] tuning LDAP connections

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Baron Fujimoto <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] tuning LDAP connections
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 13:32:45 +0000

Hi,

Is this question for 2.2, 2.4 or both?

For 2.4, you can specify the configs in your grouper-loader.properties. See
the bottom of
https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/vt-ldap+to+ldaptive+migration+for+LDAP+access
for examples of timeouts and pool sizes.

For 2.2, I think you have to update the sources.xml file to include an
external properties file via the ldapProperties_File property. There’s an
example here: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1151 Then your
properties file can contain vt-ldap specific properties. See
https://code.google.com/archive/p/vt-middleware/wikis for config options.
For example edu.vt.middleware.ldap.pool.maxPoolSize,
edu.vt.middleware.ldap.timeout, etc.

Thanks!

- Shilen

On 3/27/19, 11:28 PM, " on behalf of Baron
Fujimoto" < on behalf of >
wrote:

Is there a way to tune LDAP connections (connection times, pools sizes,
etc) for things like subject searches? I didn't see anything obvious in
.properties files or sources.xml.

Currently for grouper 2.2.x, upgrading to 2.4 is planned.
--
Baron Fujimoto <> :: UH Information Technology Services
minutas cantorum, minutas balorum, minutas carboratum desendus pantorum