grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] AMQP vs RabbitMQ

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] AMQP vs RabbitMQ

  • From: "Crawford, Jeffrey" <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, Keith Hazelton <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] AMQP vs RabbitMQ
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 18:35:39 +0000

Hi Chris and Keith,

Thanks for your responses, I guess part of my problem is that I don’t understand the ActiveMQ model as much, the docs on the wiki were not updated since July of 2017. I don’t know if that means that there is not a lot of support for AMQ or if it’s just a stable product.

Perhaps someone who is more familiar with AMQ can let me know what solutions they have found for routing specific areas of the folder structure in grouper to specific queues. I’m looking to do things like:

org:financial:apps:banner:exports -> bannerQueue

org:studentinfo:apps:statusloader:exports -\

                                            -> studentQueue

org:studentinfo:apps:someapp:exports      -/

                             / -> itsecQueue

org:itsec:apps:seim:exports -

                             \ -> auditQueue

I’m getting pushback from our integrations team to not try and support a new queuing protocol. I’m happy to use AMQ if I can get it to work but I think I need some examples at this point.

Thanks

Jeffrey C.