grouper-users - [grouper-users] gsh addSubject issues v2.4.0

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] gsh addSubject issues v2.4.0

  • From: "O'Dowd, Josh" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] gsh addSubject issues v2.4.0
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 17:56:50 +0000

Hi,

I am attempting to follow the docs at the wiki page,
https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14517859 , and
following the "add a subject application principal with attributes (GSH)"
example on that page.

When running the example gsh, I am getting the error:
b523873ab73041e49c9eeccdf8710e1d,'GrouperSystem','application'
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup
failed:
groovysh_parse: 2: unexpected token: principal @ line 2, column 171.
til.toListObject(new Object[]{principal,

My intent is to create an "application" type subject with a login id, without
having to add maintain a record in the main subject source, which is LDAP
directory. Then I want to privilege that subject with access to an
application group/folder area so that the subject can be authenticated via
GrouperClient into grouper-ws.

Any advice on the error, or how to go about it differently is much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh O'Dowd
University of Montana