grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Searching AD subject source by DN

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Searching AD subject source by DN

  • From: Sam Erie <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Searching AD subject source by DN
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:43:41 -0800
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

The problem is I'm trying to make Subject source group entities AND grouper registry Groups, so I need them to have distinct searches by id for each. The users will be using the grouper registry Groups, so I want them easily searchable - using sAMAccountName. If I take just the CN=sAMAccountName* part to filter the Subject source groups then they will not be distinct.

The Subject source groups are only actually used by my loading scripts, so I may be able to work around this by adding some prefix to them, but using distinguishedName is ideal if it is possible.

Thank you though, that would work perfectly if I wasn't doing this as a workaround.