grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] grouper.installer.properties options

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] grouper.installer.properties options

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] grouper.installer.properties options
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 18:54:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

I updated this wiki:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Installer

Does it help?  Also, if you are rebuilding the ui, do a clean build, and then it should patch from scratch and not have conflicts.  But if you want to force install that’s fine too.

Using a config file

You can put a grouper.installer.properties in the same directory as the grouperInstaller.jar to control various aspects.  See the grouper.installer.example.properties for whats possible to put in there

At a minimum you need this in the config file (version and url)

# this should be before the version number

download.server.url = "http://software.internet2.edu/grouper

# default version to install

grouper.version = 2.3.0

To run the installer, use this command

[appadmin@i2midev6 patchesAuto]$ ls

grouperInstaller.jar

grouper.installer.properties

[appadmin@i2midev6 patchesAuto]$ java -cp .:grouperInstaller.jar edu.internet2.middleware.grouperInstaller.GrouperInstaller

You can also set this property which as you run the installer will let you know the property to set for each prompt

# this should be before the version number

download.server.url = "http://software.internet2.edu/grouper

# default version to install

grouper.version = 2.3.0

# print out autorun keys in prompts so you can easily see how to configure the autorun

grouperInstaller.print.autorunKeys = false

Then once you see which properties to set, put them all in the grouper.installer.properties and run, and you can use defaults to make it not interactive

# this should be before the version number

download.server.url = "http://software.internet2.edu/grouper

# default version to install

grouper.version = 2.3.0

#### set this to true to try to use defaults for everything.  Only things without default values will need to be set

grouperInstaller.autorun.useDefaultsAsMuchAsAvailable = true