grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] StaleObjectStateException thrown by loader jobs after patch

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] StaleObjectStateException thrown by loader jobs after patch

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] StaleObjectStateException thrown by loader jobs after patch
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 18:52:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

> I do not understand how so many entries were put into
> GROUPER_CHANGE_LOG_ENTRY_TEMP by the new functionality.

Ok, we add the groupId of the loader group "owner" to the loaded groups.
There was code in git that was put in a patch that instead of unassigning
that groupId to groups not loaded anymore "by that job", or unassigning it
for all other loaded groups not in that group. So if you have a few loader
jobs, then there will be a LOT of attribute assigning, and it steps on toes
with stale state exceptions as you mentioned earlier. Now, in the newly
patched code, it only unassigns for groups not owned by that job anymore. So
it should only be a small number (or a lot if the term rolls over, but not
too many). Also, each attribute value assignment was change logged. That is
also fixed so that values are not change logged anymore.

So... if you have the latest code, you shouldn't get a X*Y changes, and
however many changes you get, shouldn't be in the change log. So are you
sure all loaders are correctly patched? Im sorry for all this headache, and
thanks a lot for your patience. Penn is running with the latest patches and
it is working fine...

Thanks