grouper-users - [grouper-users] Differencing tool with healing capabilities...

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Differencing tool with healing capabilities...

  • From: "Gettes, Michael" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Differencing tool with healing capabilities...
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 18:37:46 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:n2U/QhfPMkTYrJFmD/3M3ph2lGMj4u6mDksu8pMizoh2WeGdxc2zYx7h7PlgxGXEQZ/co6odzbGJ4+a9ASQp2tWojjMrSNR0TRgLiMEbzUQLIfWuLgnFFsPsdDEwB89YVVVorDmROElRH9viNRWJ+iXhpW1aJhKqfwVvIfntF5SXkt+6zfua+pvPbh9OiSbnJ75+MV/++QrLsdQOjJEnN7080ADho31Udv5QyH8yY1+fgkCvyN23+csp3ClMp/86s4ZlUK76dqk8B/QMAzk6L20uzNDlsV/OQRbZtShUaXkfjhcdW1uN1xr9RJqk6iY=

I was thinking (I know, always dangerous)…

If there was a grouper tool to show the differences of group memberships between 2 users and then 2 magic options (make user1 like user2, or make user2 like user1) - this would be a nice way of healing users who should have all the abilities of another.

Also, with the above UI tool, give me the option of selecting which groups to “heal” for the 2 users involved with checkboxes on each group.

I hope this makes sense and would be useful to others.  Maybe this has already been thunk up and in the hopper for some future development?

Thanks for your consideration.

/mrg