grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Managing Service Eligibility

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Managing Service Eligibility

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: Andrew Morgan <>, Steven Carmody <>
  • Cc: Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Managing Service Eligibility
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:34:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Yes, agreed, we teach our non-programmers about the reference tree and how to
use grouper’s set-math capability to create their own rules / logic to meet
their needs. We try to keep business logic out of the loader jobs as much as
possible so that the groups produced are generic enough to be used as a set
of building blocks for meeting your specific need.

Dave

--
David Langenberg
Asst Director, Identity Management

On 6/21/17, 12:28 PM,
"
on behalf of Andrew Morgan"
<
on behalf of

wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jun 2017, Steven Carmody wrote:

> HI,
>
> Many of us are already familiar with a model where data flows from our
> business systems (students, HR, faculty info system, alumns, etc) into
> Service Eligibility Groups in Grouper. The "attributes" associated with
each
> user that are coming from the business system can be used to
automatically
> place each user into a variety of "service eligibility groups". This
model
> makes it easy, for instance, to give "all undergraduates" a specific
set of
> services. And to give seniors, for instance, some special services.
>
> Putting people into groups based on attributes sounds to me like the
sort of
> thing a rules engine could do.
>
> My question, tho, has to do with managing those rules. Has any site
done any
> work on a system that would allow non-programmers to manage these
rules, and
> thus change the flow of people into the service eligibility groups ?
>
> thanks !

Steven,

We populate reference groups in our Grouper from our business system
using
loader jobs. The reference groups are used to populate service
eligibility groups.

Are you looking for something different?

Thanks,
Andy