grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: subject API diagnostics

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: subject API diagnostics

  • From: "Redman, Chad Eric" <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: subject API diagnostics
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:58:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

I'm just getting to try this out now. It would be pretty useful for setting up and fine tuning the subject properties. It's good that it's calling the same UI functions as the regular pages do. We have customized icons and label strings for various sources, and this page is displaying them correctly.

The source ID drop down list doesn't really show the "IDs" but rather the names. As an admin, I would be able to pick out subjects easier from an ID like "pid" or "app" instead of "person source" or "application source". The order also seems random, so it takes a while to find the right source. I didn't notice before, but the source drop down in the Search for an Entity form is the same way.

The _javascript_ that fills in the fields with default values gets in the way, as it erases anything I have entered in the fields, whenever I change the source option. For me, it would be better to have the fields blank, but mention what the default CheckConfig search terms are in the field label or description.

Thanks,

Chad