grouper-users - [grouper-users] One Grouper multiple LDAPs

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] One Grouper multiple LDAPs

  • From: Jeffrey Crawford <>
  • To: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] One Grouper multiple LDAPs
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 14:17:14 -0800
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Good afternoon,

I've been struggling with setting up psp (We'll move to pspng when we can get it working). to understand that the ldap source for the provisioner needs to look up the AD ldap for provisioning to AD and looking up from our LDAP server when provisioning to LDAP.

Things I've tried:
running two groper loaders with different namespace in the grouper-loder.properties config. One seems to pick up the changes and the other doesn't probably a changelog issue first one wins.

Trying to figure out a way to have multiple source id's in the sources.xml but then have the psp understand it needs to look up source a for LDAP and source b from AD.

I do have one instance provisioning to multiple LDAP instances as long as the dn's have the same hierarchy, however AD has a different one and uses cn= instead of uid= as it's rdn

Is there a better way to be doing this (I want to avoid using multiple sources since I think that means users have to add both to a group, meaning the grouper operator would have to add two entries to every group, one from each source.)

Jeffrey E. Crawford
Enterprise Service Team

Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!

  • [grouper-users] One Grouper multiple LDAPs, Jeffrey Crawford, 02/13/2017