grouper-users - [grouper-users] IndexID's, POSIX and migrating groups from a legacy system

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] IndexID's, POSIX and migrating groups from a legacy system

  • From: Jeffrey Crawford <>
  • To: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] IndexID's, POSIX and migrating groups from a legacy system
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:06:19 -0700
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:YysPgxX2Jit8ZNBpF1VGtzyiM8bV8LGtZVwlr6E/grcLSJyIuqrYZhWFt8tkgFKBZ4jH8fUM07OQ6P+wHzFbqs/c+Fk5M7VyFDY9wf0MmAIhBMPXQWbaF9XNKxIAIcJZSVV+9Gu6O0UGUOz3ZlnVv2HgpWVKQka3HUNPK+/0Ao/fidisn6D3osWLIlYAuD3oTrRvNBis5TjKu9MNya9jMbp5nhTTpWZQdv4T2HhlP0m7nhDg69228YI5tSlcpqRy2dRHVPDYcqo2V7FJRB88On8749fn/U3BQAWB/HYNWU0LmQFDRQXJ8UepDd/KriLmu78li2GhNsrsQOVxAGz64g==

There is a group on our campus that has maintained a departmental LDAP server. They want us to migrate that to our grouper system. The problem is that they have established gidNumbers. I think we started our Grouper number to a pretty big number so it's possible we left enough space for them

However I'm worried about creating a group and then updating the number in the DB. Is that safe or am I going to cause problems with table references?

Thanks

Jeffrey E. Crawford
Enterprise Service Team

Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!