Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
- To: Elja van Tol <>, "" <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] RE: ESB questions
- Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 13:11:46 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) ;
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:1k845h+NkJNW+v9uRHKM819IXTAuvvDOBiVQ1KB90O8cTK2v8tzYMVDF4r011RmSAtWdtqkP0reempujcFJDyK7JiGoFfp1IWk1NouQttCtkPvS4D1bmJuXhdS0wEZcKflZk+3amLRodQ56mNBWB6kG1uBMWGBy3KwNzbtjyHsaGk8Oz/+6p5Nvefh8Ogj7rJfs4Iw+xsB3crIwLmoZ4MY4wzAfEuH1FZ74QyG91bxrHkAz7+9+95tt+6ClKoNog8dJNS6P3Y/5+QLBFWmcIKWcwsYfLpAvOV0/HzXsGU35c2k5NCAjU/hzgdpbquW3nrud73m+XMdCgHuN8Yiir86o+EEygsywALTNsqGw=
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
If you want to use a web service for a subject source you will need to implement that java interface.
Here is an example that was started. You will need to implement your person lookup and search WS
If you can use JDBC or LDAP it might have better performance, but if you want to try WS let us know how it goes J
According tot he wiki ( https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Subject+API ) you can use ldap or a database solution, but we would like to use ESB ( or messaging )
As i said, i am new at this so maybe it is a very wrong idea to use the ESB with Grouper like that.
What do you mean when you say push new subjects into grouper? You mean you want to add memberships to groups? I think the loader is easiest, though you could use WS too. The Grouper ESB is for outbound messaging I believe.
for the UI, it should work with java8, what error do you get? Java7 is fine to use too.
<> on behalf of Elja van Tol <>
I am trying to setup a grouper installation to test a few usecases and i have a some questions.
Disclaimer, i am a newbie with grouper and java. But i am a senior webdeveloper(php/mysql).
At our university the ESB should be used as much as possible for connecting systems.
On the wiki ( https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+ESB+Connector ) it is written that the state of the ESB Connector is experimental. Is this still the case?
We would like to push new or modified subjects into grouper via the ESB Connector. Is that possible or can this only be done by the JDBC2 connection or grouper-loader?
I could not get the grouper ui to work with java 8 using the grouper installer. Is this a known problem? (With java 7 it did work out of the box )
- [grouper-users] ESB questions, Elja van Tol, 10/11/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.