grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] description field for students

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] description field for students

  • From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • To: Jared Hoffman <>, Gouper Users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] description field for students
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 21:46:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:0qYvQxz8CQ1vb0LXCy+O+j09IxM/srCxBDY+r6Qd0e4QIJqq85mqBkHD//Il1AaPBtqLra8fwLOL+4nbGkU+or+5+EgYd5JNUxJXwe43pCcHRPC/NEvgMfTxZDY7FskRHHVs/nW8LFQHUJ2mPw6aijSI4DUTAhTyMxZubqSwQ9aKzpf/6+fn2ZTJbgkApD2zb7Z7Kl3irQLfuMwfh4lKKas32xzP5HZEZrISjUxvOEqehV7B/cqq59Y3/D5Xpuos7YtdSqjgZIw5S6BVFjIrLzpz6cH240rtVwyKszE8Q3cbiF4AKAjf7QqwFsP0uSvrpOdn8CiBNovrVb0yX3Kv47o9G0ygszsOKzNsqDKfscd3lq8O5Uv5/xE=
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

You can do subject api security by realm (students see certain things, staff
see something else, or special staff).

We put directory information in the description, so if you can see it in the
directory, you can see it in the description.

Admins see everything.

i.e. if someone's name is in the directory, you see that, and then netId (and
maybe school/major if in directory). IF its not, you would just see netId,
or numeric pennid.

Thanks

On Behalf Of Jared Hoffman