grouper-users - [grouper-users] WsAssignAttributesLiteResults, question about parameters

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] WsAssignAttributesLiteResults, question about parameters

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To: Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] WsAssignAttributesLiteResults, question about parameters
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:46:49 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:OoFH3BRdr88Y5hR3OIE1bIGQD9psv+yvbD5Q0YIujvd0So/mwa67bRWN2/xhgRfzUJnB7Loc0qyN7PCmBDdLuMvJmUtBWaIPfidNsd8RkQ0kDZzNImzAB9muURYHGt9fXkRu5XCxPBsdMs//Y1rPvi/6tmZKSV2sfTZyc8vvHZPKgt7y6vu/4YabNwpSgyelbKk3MQ67tx75t88KjJFkJ7prjBbFvy0bVf5RwDZTOV+NkhC0zc6q+Zlv4mwEoO4s6cNGZq7zZaE/Qa1wBi4hLGZz6cH240qQBTCT72cRBz1F2iFDBBLIuUn3

Hi,

We have a number of AttributeDefName definitions that allow only a single value. We have a Grouper GUI that updates these values. Currently the GUI code does NOT check to see if its changing the value of one of these attributes -- it just tries to save an attribute value.

I'm trying to figure out what values to use for

attributeAssignOperation and attributeAssignValueOperation

in this situation. I'm currently using:

'attributeAssignOperation' => 'assign_attr,',
'attributeAssignValueOperation' => 'replace_values',

but I just got this error message, which I find a bit confusing:

[resultMessage] => java.lang.RuntimeException: Cant find AttributeAssignOperation from string: 'assign_attr,', expecting one of: assign_attr, add_attr, replace_attrs, remove_attr,

The documentation says that these parameters can have these values:

attributeAssignOperation - operation to perform for attribute on owners, from enum AttributeAssignOperation assign_attr, add_attr, remove_attr

attributeAssignValueOperation - operation to perform for attribute value on attribute assignments: assign_value, add_value, remove_value, replace_values

do I have to know whether I'm assigning or replacing ? How do I say "just set the value to [this value] whether or not there was a value there previously?"

thanks !