grouper-users - [grouper-users] composite-ng intersection

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] composite-ng intersection

  • From: Jeffrey Crawford <>
  • To: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] composite-ng intersection
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 17:14:38 -0700

Hello,

I have a request that users are removed from groups when they are no longer eligible for a service using RuleApi.groupIntersection(subjectActAs, ruleGroup, mustBeInGroup)

if the mustBeInGroup is a group where the user is removed from directly it seems to work correctly, if however mustBeInGroup is a nested group it and a user is removed via being removed from one of its sub groups it seems to ignore the rule (I haven't tried this with composites).

I'm not sure if that the intention or if its a bug, however if its intentional it seems like you would have to maintain two lists, one with the rule api and the other in the tested group.

I hope I'm making sense. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Jeffrey E. Crawford
Enterprise Service Team

Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!