grouper-users - [grouper-users] automatically add groups as members?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] automatically add groups as members?

  • From: Phil Pishioneri <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] automatically add groups as members?
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:13:39 -0400

Can Grouper have a group composed of a: stem+wildcard, or folder name, or ??, so that any groups created with that stem (or in/under that folder) would automatically be added to an existing group? I couldn't see a way to specify such via the UI.

Use Case, given:

  • group: Aggregate
  • folder: Groups-For-Aggregate
    • group: subgroup-A
    • group: subgroup-B

I can manually add subgroup-A and B to group Aggregate, but if someone creates subgroup-C (alongside A and B), I'd like for it to automatically be added to Aggregate. What I want is for the people handling the subgroups not to have to remember that they need to add any new ones to the Aggregate group.

-Phil