grouper-users - [grouper-users] Newcastle Update

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Newcastle Update

  • From: Caleb Racey <>
  • To: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Newcastle Update
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:38:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Dear community members ,

To help illustrate what grouper can be used for and what value it delivers
we have updated the Newcastle university community page to reflect the
current usage of the service. Hopefully this example will help to illustrate
the practical problem domains grouper can provide value in.

Please see the "Update: the service in 2016" section of
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Newcastle+University+Introduction

The grouper service continues to grow in Newcastle our thanks to the
community for producing a system that delivers real benefits.

On a more personal note I will be leaving the university in a couple of
weeks' time. The grouper and wider Internet2 community has been a large part
in shaping the last 10 years of my career. I am thankful to the community
for inspiration, advice and great software delivered by good people. The
grouper service at Newcastle is being left in the very capable hands of my
colleagues. I am confident it will continue to grow and help the university
to deliver many more services. I'm leaving to work for the UK's IRS
equivalent (the HMRC) on identity assurance so I may have the pleasure of
meeting some of you via the Identity assurance / federated identity /
government / Higher Education communities.

A big thank you to the community for all your advice and help over the
years.

Best Regards

Cal

Caleb Racey