grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] patched 2.2.2: jarfile mismatch warning, utf8 error?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] patched 2.2.2: jarfile mismatch warning, utf8 error?

  • From: Baron Fujimoto <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
  • Cc: Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] patched 2.2.2: jarfile mismatch warning, utf8 error?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:16:03 -1000

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 04:21:41PM +0000, Hyzer, Chris wrote:

>> It doesn't appear so. I tried to adding the group "utf8_👍" which resulted
>> in the following error:
>
>Check this and see if there is anything you can do:
>
>https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+internationalization#Grouperinternationalization-GrouperandUTF-8

As previously noted, that was the guidance I followed when I originally
set up this instance of Grouper. AFAIK, it was working previously; at
least no errors were previously generated.

I have:

JAVA_OPTS:
JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"
export JAVA_OPTS

Tomcat conf:
<Connector protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" [...] />

Grouper API conf:
hibernate.connection.url =
jdbc:mysql://FOO.hawaii.edu:3306/FOOdb?CharSet=utf8&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8

And the db was originally created to use utf8. I noticed these errors
after a recent round of patches. Unless I'm missing something, either the
lack of errors previously was a false negative, or a one of the patches
broke something since no other configs were changed. (Or perhaps our dba
spontaneously removed the utf8 from our db... if that's non-disruptively
possible).

-baron
--
Baron Fujimoto