grouper-users - [grouper-users] Java 1.8 invalid?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Java 1.8 invalid?

  • From: Baron Fujimoto <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Java 1.8 invalid?
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 16:29:11 -1000

I'm testing Grouper 2.2.2. and have encountered the following
warning/error when running the updater and in logs, "Error: Java should
be version 6 or 7 (1.6 or 1.7), but is detected as: 1.8.0_xx".

I've also found this Jira ticket
<https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1188>. I've quiesced the
error message as suggested in grouper.properties with
"configuration.checkJavaVersion = false".

The bug description says "Grouper can have problems if used with Java8".
Is this actually the case? The status also says it should be fixed in
2.2.2, so should I even be seeing this error. Or is it indicative of
some other problem?

Aloha,
-baron
--