grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Upgrade errors 2.2.1 -> 2.2.2

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Upgrade errors 2.2.1 -> 2.2.2

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Baron Fujimoto <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Upgrade errors 2.2.1 -> 2.2.2
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:49:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> After patching 2.2.1, downloading, and unpacking the new
> grouper.apiBinary-2.2.2, I accepted the recommendation to run a script
> that copies change log temp records to the change log. This ran for hours,
> and was still running when I left for the day.
>
> When I returned this morning, I was greeted with the error below[*],
> followed by the advisory that,
>
> =====
> You need to revert all patches to upgrade
>
> ################ Checking patch grouper_v2_2_1_api_patch_21
> Patch: grouper_v2_2_1_api_patch_21: was applied on: 2015/08/10 13:41:24"
> =====
>
> I'm unsure what remedial steps are actually needed now. grouperInstaller
> looks like it wants to resume from or retry grouper_v2_2_1_api_patch_21.
> Should I just let it continue, or do I need to "revert *all* patches" as
> displayed and start over?

Do you run the grouper loader which copies change log temp to change log
continuously? Were there a lot of records unprocessed in grouper change log
temp table? You need to run a grouper loader process for grouper to function
correctly. It is part of the standard upgrade to uninstall all 2.2.1 patches
to get to 2.2.2. So let it revert all the 2.2.1 patches, you can answer yes
to each one or revert all at once.

> Is the amount of time being taken to copy the change logs reasonable? I
> think our db goes down nightly for a backup. If the the copy change log
> process can't complete before that happens, will it resume from a previous
> partial completion, or does it need to start all over from the beginning?
> I'm concerned about the possibility that may never complete given the
> db's backup downtime constraint.

I don't know, how many records were there? Yes, it is not one large
transaction, it will make progress, and if you stop it and restart it will
pickup from where it left off. Do some record counts while it runs and see
it making progress.