grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] loader job MAINTENANCE_cleanLogs

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] loader job MAINTENANCE_cleanLogs

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] loader job MAINTENANCE_cleanLogs
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:23:23 -0500

Hi,

> You cant connect to the DB and run a query?

I can, but the priority is to get the sandbox running again
and not take up any more of the DBA's time. The DBA is
assiting me but has other tasks to which he must attend.

> I meant how
> many rows for the MAINTENANCE_cleanLogs job running a few
> minutes ago.

I understand and will check again when the table is in a
better state.

> My hunch is that you ran it previously, killed it, and the
> process is still running on oracle. Now you run it again,
> trying to delete the same rows and thd previous run is
> locking it? Maybe try to kill all those session, and
> manually try to delete some of the records starting with
> oldest? Might have to do this a few times before the table
> gets under control and the job from grouper will work again?

No, I worked with the DBA and we made sure all queries on any
Grouper tables were killed. The tables were completely
inactive.

Then I issued the MAINTENANCE_cleanLogs job using GSH.

At that point we saw the four (4) 'delete from
grouper_loader_log where last_updated < :1' queries across 4
SID,SERIAL# combinations in the STATE and WAIT_CLASS as noted
before.

Hence my question.

Thanks,

Scott