grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] new-ui user sort problem

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] new-ui user sort problem

  • From: Francesco Malvezzi <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] new-ui user sort problem
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:06:24 +0200
  • Unimore-x-sa-score: -1.2

Il 09/10/15 20:29, Shilen Patel ha scritto:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> I'm assuming you're looking at the members list of a group (not
> privileges). Is that correct?

yes, it a member list

> The members list should be pre-sorted when it comes up based on that
> sortAttribute0. You'd also need to make sure "sn" is in your attribute
> list (usually towards the end of the file).
>
> <attribute>sn</attribute>

yes, this line is present: I see now in the init-param section after
search section there sortAttribute0 had multiple occurences with
different values. I believe it was a mistake. Maybe I had wanted to a
have a failover ordering I would had used sortAttribute1.

> If all that looks right, but the members aren't sorted, can you look at
> the sort_string0 column in grouper_members and see if the data is correct
> there? It should be populated with the "sn" attribute in your LDAP.

No, it is not. Some users have other ldap field (ou or description,
maybe older values of sortAttribute0), other have nothing.

How can I refresh sort_string0 values?

thank you,

Francesco