grouper-users - [grouper-users] Few Grouper queries

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Few Grouper queries

  • From: Mandeep Saini <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Chris Hyzer <>, "THIA Jean-Marie ()" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Few Grouper queries
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 11:36:46 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Dear fellow Grouper users,

We have started to get acquainted with the Grouper very recently and currently in the process for setting up our test, UAT and production environments. For the same I have few questions:

-        What is the recommended capacity dimensions for Grouper VM in terms of CPU/RAM/Storage?

-        Does anybody have experience of using SQL server with Grouper? If so what was your experience? I am asking this because in one of the training videos I saw Grouper team recommends MySql, PostgreSQl or Oracle and not SQL server but we want to use SQL Server purely for HA reasons as we have SQL cluster already setup and would like to reuse it if possible.

-        We also need to integrate Grouper with Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS), does anybody on this list have done it? If so can you please share your solution? We are thinking of setting up an attribute authority (Shibboleth IdP) that will speak to Grouper DB and add this AA as additional claim Provider in the ADFS configuration. By defining rule for this Claim Provider we will fetch groups information for user at the login time.

Looking forward for you suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Mandeep

Mandeep Saini

Senior Software Engineer

Email:

Skype: mandeep99

Tel: +44 (0)1223 371349

GÉANT Association
Networking · Services · People
Learn more at: http://www.geant.org

GEANT Limited, trading as GÉANT Association,  registered in England & Wales. Registration Number 2806796. Registered Office – City House, 126-130 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1PQ, UK