grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper - make membership in a group temporary, automatically

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper - make membership in a group temporary, automatically

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper - make membership in a group temporary, automatically
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:45:48 -0500 (EST)

Is it possible to create a group such that when any member is added to the
group, the membership is set to expire in a predetermined number of days?

When onboarding certain classes of accounts we have found that there is often
some number of weeks delay before the data is entered into the systems that
drive some of our reference groups.

I would like to be able to add a subject to a "grace period" group and have
the membership automatically expire after 31 days. I know that I can set the
membership dates manually, but I thought it might make this kind of
maintenance a bit simpler and accurate if this was possible to accomplish via
a rule or something else built into Grouper.

Thanks,
Carl Waldbieser
ITS System Programmer
Lafayette College