grouper-users - [grouper-users] Folder privileges

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Folder privileges

  • From: Andrew Morgan <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Folder privileges
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 16:14:41 -0800 (PST)

We have a use case that doesn't seem to fit the Grouper folder privileges.

In Grouper v2.2.1, the new UI lists the following privileges for a folder:

- Create folder
- Create group
- Attribute Read
- Attribute Update

We would like to create a folder hierarchy like:

Departments
- DeptA
- DeptB
- DeptC

We would like DeptA to be able to create folders and groups within the DeptA folder, but they should not be able to rename the DeptA folder. There doesn't seem to be a separate privilege for Update Folder.

Is there a way to restrict privileges in this way?

Thanks,
Andy

  • [grouper-users] Folder privileges, Andrew Morgan, 02/07/2015