grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] default membership privileges for new members, setting default browser view and removing quick links

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Jeff McCullough <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] default membership privileges for new members, setting default browser view and removing quick links
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 04:30:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> 1) I'd like to be able to change the default membership privileges

> that are presented when adding a new member of a group. The current

> default is simply “member”. We might like the default to add “view”

> and “read” for the members that are being added. There are the

> privileges that are set for the GrouperAll (groups.create.grant.all.*)

> when a group is created, but the case I’m interested in is just for

> members of the group not anyone on the system. I don’t see any

> properties in the properties files, but wonder if maybe a rule would work?

Do you want this for all groups, or just certain groups?  If it is just certain groups, where you want all members to be able to view/read the group, can you just make the group a reader of itself (which implies view)?

> 2) I’d like the default browser view to be different than the root

> view. The property default.browse.stem=edu:berkeley works fine in

> the Admin UI, but the new UI “Browse Folders”  view on the main page

> doesn’t change. Is there a separate property for that? Given it is a

> tree view, the desired behavior would be to at least open the view to

> the default browse stem.

I added a jira for that.

> 3) The quick links menu is great, but I don’t want to display the links

> for the Admin UI and Lite UI. I see properties for display relating to

> the older UIs, but not for the new UI. It looks like I just need to

> remove the links from the JSP. Is that correct?

I added a jira for that.  And in the meantime, just edit that JSP