grouper-users - [grouper-users] default membership privileges for new members, setting default browser view and removing quick links

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] default membership privileges for new members, setting default browser view and removing quick links

  • From: Jeff McCullough <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] default membership privileges for new members, setting default browser view and removing quick links
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 19:57:46 -0800

Three questions here for the 2.2.1 new UI:

1) I’d like to be able to change the default membership privileges that are presented when adding a new member of a group. The current default is simply “member”. We might like the default to add “view” and “read” for the members that are being added. There are the privileges that are set for the GrouperAll (groups.create.grant.all.*) when a group is created, but the case I’m interested in is just for members of the group not anyone on the system. I don’t see any properties in the properties files, but wonder if maybe a rule would work?

2) I’d like the default browser view to be different than the root view. The property default.browse.stem=edu:berkeley works fine in the Admin UI, but the new UI “Browse Folders”  view on the main page doesn’t change. Is there a separate property for that? Given it is a tree view, the desired behavior would be to at least open the view to the default browse stem.

3) The quick links menu is great, but I don’t want to display the links for the Admin UI and Lite UI. I see properties for display relating to the older UIs, but not for the new UI. It looks like I just need to remove the links from the JSP. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jeff