grouper-users - [grouper-users] Setting group descriptions via GSH?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Setting group descriptions via GSH?

  • From: "Peter St. Onge" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Setting group descriptions via GSH?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:19:56 -0500

I am building out a fairly large structure in Grouper 2.2.1 / PostgreSQL
via gsh; this is partially to make rebuilding and reuse easier across
multiple instances of Grouper (dev, prod, etc).

I am able to create stems and groups without issue; I can also set the
descriptions for each of the stems quite simply via setStemAttr (eg.
Department names, etc).

When trying to set the description for the groups, however,

gsh 5% setGroupAttr("acad:apsc:bme:apsc-bme-gsg", "description", "foo")
// Error: Unable to find legacy attribute: description

No doubt I'm missing something simple.

I see the change in the attribute mechanism documented, though this
seems to be aimed for custom, site-specific, attributes; the description
field lives in the underlying database, however, and can be edited via
the UI so I would wonder if there is a simpler way to tickle this.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Best, -- pete

--
Pete St. Onge