grouper-users - [grouper-users] Provisioning empty groups with PSP 2.1.5

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Provisioning empty groups with PSP 2.1.5

  • From: "Biernath, Jutta" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Provisioning empty groups with PSP 2.1.5
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:52:35 +0100
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US

Hi,

we use Grouper 2.1.5 and everything works well. There is just one problem left I cannot get fixed.

We provision several LDAP directories, and for one of them we don’t have to rights to create oder delete groups. We just can update the memberships. This will also stay like that, there won’t be any change. This means it can also be that some of these groups are empty.  If that happens PSP causes an exception (“LDAP: error code 65 - object class 'groupOfNames' requires attribute 'member'”) and the members that populated the group before stay there.

I have understood that the default usage of grouper is not to provision any empty groups at all, but for us that is no option.

We have used Grouper 1.4 before. In that version it was possible to use the list-empty-value option in the group-members-dn-list-Tag in ldappc.xml. In this former configuration we could use a default dummy user named “empty” to populate empty groups. But ldappc was replaced by the PSP with a completely new functionality and I could not find a solution for the PSP yet. Browsing the archive of this list didn’t help.

I think I must edit psp-resolver.xml anyhow. Can you help me?

Regards,

Jutta Biernath

Jutta Biernath

Freie Universität Berlin

Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)

Identity & Customer Management, FUDIS

Fabeckstr. 32

14195 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 838-75090