grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper Filters not working as expected

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper Filters not working as expected

  • From: Mark Cairney <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper Filters not working as expected
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:57:55 +0000

Hi,

We're getting there with our PSP config however in order to tidy things
up a bit I'm wanting to only export specified stems. Looking at the
grouper wiki pages the grouper:Filter rules look to be the tool for the
job so I've created config similar to:

<resolver:DataConnector
id="GroupWithoutMermbershipsDataConnector"
xsi:type="grouper:GroupDataConnector">

<grouper:Filter xsi:type="grouper:OR">
<!-- The GroupInStem filter matches groups which are
children of the given stem. -->
<grouper:Filter
xsi:type="grouper:GroupInStem"
name="adhoc"
scope="SUB" />
<grouper:Filter
xsi:type="grouper:GroupInStem"
name="affiliations"
scope="SUB" />
<grouper:Filter
xsi:type="grouper:GroupInStem"
name="courses"
scope="SUB" />
<grouper:Filter
xsi:type="grouper:GroupInStem"
name="org"
scope="SUB" />
<grouper:Filter
xsi:type="grouper:GroupInStem"
name="pos"
scope="SUB" />
</grouper:Filter>

</resolver:DataConnector>

However when I run my bulkSync it errors out with:

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 45; columnNumber:
23; cvc-complex-type.2.4.d: Invalid content was found starting with
element 'grouper:Filter'. No child element is expected at this point.

Having re-checked the documentation it looks like Grouper filters are
limited to 2 child elements.

Removing the "grouper:OR" element and it's corresponding
</grouper:Filter> throws a different error:

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 39; columnNumber:
23; cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with
element 'grouper:Filter'. One of
'{"http://grouper.internet2.edu/shibboleth/2.0":Attribute}' is expected.

Is it possible to have a filter match only specific named stems or will
I have to construct some horrific nested "OR" filter to do what I want?

--

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email:

PGP: 0x435A9621

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.