grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: Authenticating Proxy In Front of Grouper UI

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: Authenticating Proxy In Front of Grouper UI

  • From: "Waldbieser, Carl" <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: Authenticating Proxy In Front of Grouper UI
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 15:55:55 -0400 (EDT)

Chris,

I would like to put an HTTP reverse proxy in front of the Grouper UI. I was
just not sure if that was possible, because all the searchs I have done
online seem to say something like "REMOTE_USER is set by AJP from Apache".

From the reverse proxy, I can put the user name in a header, add it to the
query string, whatever. I just am not sure what to do on the Tomcat side to
get Tomcat to accept the username.

Thanks,
Carl