grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] SPML2 and understanding the psp-resolver.xml file

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] SPML2 and understanding the psp-resolver.xml file

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: David Vezzani <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] SPML2 and understanding the psp-resolver.xml file
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 10:48:10 -0600

Probably the best way to understand what that psp-resolver.xml is controlling is to first understand Shibboleth and how its attribute-resolver works. The PSP is using the Shibboleth Attribute Resolver to handle looking up the provisioned information, group source information and also perform necessary transformations to make the two systems (grouper and target) comparable.

I really wouldn't try to generate SPML & feed it directly to the PSPs LDAP Target class, though in theory it could work.  As for the source for OpenSPML, the OpenSPML library upon which the PSP relies is no longer maintained.  I managed to grab a copy of the source at one time and keep a fork of it here:

This is yet another reason why the PSP is going to be retired soon.

Dave