grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] learning more about PSP

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] learning more about PSP

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: David Vezzani <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] learning more about PSP
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:49:38 -0400

Hi David,

You also need to draw a line from the psp.xml to the source LDAP too.  In general, the <pso> blocks all describe what to do from a source object to a target.  They rely on the stuff in the psp-resolver.xml to make the abstractions concrete and then applied via the PSP into the target.  The key in the psp.xml is to look for targetId="ldap".  That indicates a section dedicated to constructing and writing something (group, membership) to the LDAP target server.  <reference> tags indicate reading some key data.  Where you're reading comes from attributes built in the psp-resolver.xml and can be from many sources (source-ldap, grouper, other sources, etc).  There's no real clear way to draw a finite line to each config file or even each block in a config file (aside from sources.xml) and say "this is ONLY target LDAP" or "this controls reading only from source LDAP" as there's a lot of contextual stuff involved.

Dave