grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] looking for a grouper-Google connector

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] looking for a grouper-Google connector

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] looking for a grouper-Google connector
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 09:33:32 -0400

On 9/11/14 12:01 PM, John Gasper wrote:
Hi Steven,

Oregon State has commissioned Unicon to develop a change log consumer
that provisions to Google. The project's site is at
https://github.com/Unicon/googleapps-grouper-provisioner.

Has there been any discussion about using one of the change log consumers that uses a MSG BUS, and then having this google connector receive those MSGs and process them ?

It's still very much a work in progress. I hope that by the close of
business tomorrow or Monday that a very rough/basic implementation would
be runnable in a test system. I'm still learning Grouper's API, so I
tend to think objects work one way and find out that I was wrong and
then back track a bit. But the learning curve is slowing now, so
progress should be quicker.

The version 1.0 requirements document that I am working from is at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JUkzPio2xcxcv-v285R8kGeMtVL8Ll3_NGJLCmPM0gs/edit?usp=sharing